Thursday, July 20, 2006

Chico's Tacos!

I'm pretty sure y'all haven't heard about this makan place before. Well, they only have it in El Paso, Texas where I'm at...hehe! There's one just around the corner of the street near where I live but I've never tried the food there even though I've been here for a year already. Two days ago, my classmates suggested that place for supper after our night class (that's their version of mamak lar...). What can I say? We were starving!!!

Well, their specialty were tacos, of course! Since it was my first time there, I decided to just try a single order of tacos (that's 3 tacos). That's what all the gurls in the group ordered. However, one guy had to act macho and order a single and a double serving of tacos! FYI, the double serving had 6 tacos! So altogether, we watched him sapu 9 tacos! We, gurls were stuffed with that single order but he managed to eat so much! And mind you, he's a slim lad! How can people eat so much and yet, look so good?? Yeah, I know...that's a stupid question..high metabolism rate and exercise will make anyone look great! By the way, he plays basketball for college. That's where he gets his daily dose of exercise...

I'm starting to love Mexican food as I indulge in it! Their salsa (I love the homemade ones with freshly chopped onions, tomatoes, green bell peppers, and other stuff) and the chile con queso (that's melted cheese with salsa mixed in it) are superb! We dip the colorful corn chips into those dips...(I didn't know that blue and red corn existed until I saw those chips...not artificial coloring, ok? I've even seen the corn fields and there are blue and read corns growing!!)

Oh and I think I better not get started with other Mexican cuisine such as the enchiladas, menudo soup, chiles rellenos, mexican rice, tamales, and tortillas!!! Yummy! However, nothing beats my mom's home-cooked Chinese dishes la! That's #1!!! hehehe!!!

2 comments:

adrien said...

don't even get me started on metabolic rates. with great power comes great responsibility. meaning if u dont exercise (i think work out la..tread mills dont count) u'll just stay overly thin.. oh, i think i'll blog bout THIS. lol

sthyan said...

hahaha!!! you're one of the lucky ones to have those 'great powers'!!!