Monday, October 06, 2008

UTEP vs. UT Austin Football Game

There's always a first time for everything right??? Well, it was my first time going to the annual pep-rally at school called Minerpalooza. This was a month ago on Sept. 5 to get everyone hyped up for the big football game the following day: UTEP vs. UT Austin. The next day, I went for the tailgate party before the game and met with buddies of mine, and surprisingly some of my friends that graduated (UTEP alumni) from electrical engineering (EE). I really salute those who flew in from all parts of the US just to come back to their home university to support the UTEP team and watch the big game. Unfortunately, UTEP lost :(

Here's some pictures from Minerpalooza, the tailgate party, and the football game at the UTEP Sunbowl Stadium!

From L-R: me, Edna, Sarai, Oscar, Dorji, and Liz. (They're all my co-workers at the University Career Center and we signed up to volunteer at Minerpalooza. Hence the free volunteer shirts that we were wearing!)



The big water slide at Minerpalooza! (No, I didn't go on it! Note: we're supposed to be working as volunteers!)

Another group picture with my co-workers. From L-R: Edna, me, Rachel, Dorji, Sarai, and Fred.

One of the trucks filled with UTEP pride and the school spirit!



Our chef of the day, Ralph with his famous hamburgers and BBQ skills! It was simply delicious!

IEEE Officers: Ivan (ex-President of IEEE in Spring 2008), Carlos (ex-President of IEEE in Fall 2007) & me (current President of IEEE this Fall 2008). What a coincidence that we're all in this same picture! LoL!

From L-R: Lili (another IEEE officer), me, Juanita & Devon.

From L-R: Aaron (UTEP Alumni in EE), Monica (ex-IEEE officer) & me.

The beautiful sunset! (FYI, UTEP is the only campus in Texas that is surrounded by the rocky mountains!)

The team's getting warmed up!

The UTEP marching band performing!

I like this picture! The band formed a star & it represents Texas a.k.a the Lone Star State!

Sorry I didn't have anymore pictures of the game because my camera's battery died:( But I'm glad I did capture some pictures from that memorable weekend. I've never done the whole school spirit thing to this extent before. I guess this is what it's all about... it's not just about supporting the football games and having a good time with friends but it's keeping the school spirit alive and making the best out of our college lives! I'm so proud to go to school at UTEP! GO MINERS!!!

3 comments:

suiluipau said...

hey dear!!!
looks so fun!!!

sthyan said...

yup it was really fun! how are you doing??? how's your finger???

Unknown said...

Yup! Live out the spirit and truly enjoy it B4 U next know that U hv cross over to the 'real'...working world.

~dad~